Well the Christmas season is upon us and has been for awhile now, I just haven't caught the jolly bug yet. Its hard because we don't have a Christmas tree up nor do we have any type of Christmas decorations. With buying this house, they keep changing closing dates and its all so up in the air that there was no point in unpacking something to pack it up and then possibly unpack it again once we were moved in. Our original closing date was Nov 23 so the plan was to be moved in before Christmas and put the tree up then. Well the closing date came and went and our new closing date is the 18th. All last week we were told it would happen, then this week we were told possibly Friday and now here it is Thursday and we haven't heard anything. Its safe to say we won't be closing tomorrow. We leave for my Dad's on the 21st for Christmas vacation and won't return till Christmas day. Needless to say, we really aren't having a Christmas at either of our locations. Which is fine. I don't need all that stuff to make it Christmas but for some reason, and i'm blaming it on the pregnancy hormones, I'm just not feeling holly jolly. Hopefully seeing family in a few days will lift my spirit some. I sure do miss them.
We did get to take a couple of photos for our Christmas cards. Addressing them and having that kinda helped the mood a little bit. I really had fun doing the photos too. We literally only have like 3 poses but they are so cute. I can't wait to take maternity photos in the Spring. Josh laughed at me when I first told him my idea for a photo but after seeing them, he loved them too.
This one is the one we are using for our Christmas cards.
Baby Update: Everything is going smoothly. I'm starting to get heartburn a little more now. I'm hoping that means she will come out with a head full of hair. I've also felt her a lot more lately. I thought it was still too early to feel much but I actually think I've felt her have the hiccups. She moves all the time and is very active. Especially after I eat and when I lay down to watch tv. It is such an amazing feeling. I am truly blessed that God chose me to be a Mommy to such a sweet baby. Our next appointment isn't until Jan 8th. We'll get another ultrasound then and I have to have a shot because of blood type but other than that, its a normal visit. My doctor seems to be pretty happy with everything and I couldn't be any happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment