Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Voiles is a...




Well right here in this very envelope that I received at my doctors appointment on Nov 9, is the answer to the infamous gender question.


I had my checkup and was only 17 weeks along but the doctor was still able to tell what we were having. When it came time to look, Josh and I closed our eyes and turned away. The doctor took a few quick shots and then printed the pictures off for us. He then placed it in the envelope, sealed it and then signed the seal so that it couldn't be tampered with (I love my doctor). We would wait another week to find out the results. It really wasn't that hard on me either. I was on such a high from the appointment and seeing the little one move and knowing that the baby was healthy and active that it didn't bother me not knowing. I had given the envelope to a sorority sister who would be helping us with the reveal so that also made it easier.


We had decided to have a gender reveal and actually made it part of the last Mocs tailgate of the year on Nov 17. Everyone was so busy including us that I thought it would be a great idea to just have it there. We would have a location big enough for all our friends, most of which would be there anyway, and we could grill out and just enjoy each others company.

Well the time finally arrived for us to open the box. I was so nervous, I have no idea why because I would have been happy with a girl or a boy. It was just the anticipation I guess. My sorority sister wrapped a box in cute gender neutral paper and tied ribbons around it. Inside would be lots of blue or pink balloons announcing to us the gender of our bundle. 

Josh and I before the reveal.


Cutting the ribbon.


1, 2, ....


3!!



IT'S A GIRL!!!!


Love his smile.

Hugs after finding out we are going to be parents to a little girl!


Mandi was the mastermind behind the box, she knew before anyone and did such a great job keeping it a secret. So glad I got to share this with her.


Our good friend Davis, father of girls, giving Josh a congrats and welcoming him to the club. I think he is excited about the news too.


Our little girl! This was the ultrasound picture that was in the envelope.

Now comes the hard part, naming her! Yes, we have ideas and I'm pretty sure we have locked down on one but its still such a huge decision. It will be her name for the rest of her life. But that will be a blog in itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment