Friday, February 15, 2013

Just an Update :)

It's been awhile since I've been able to post but we have had a really busy life as of late. We FINALLY closed on the house! Yay!!! We have literally been trying to close and move in since October of last year. It has been such a long and excruciating process but it is all done and now we can call it home, almost. We closed on January 28th and basically started renovations as soon as we could. We have been painting like mad men and Josh has even been doing some demolition in the basement where there had been a water leak. All are hard work is paying off though, we move in on Monday! And I can not wait.



In other news, baby Emmalynn is doing great. She is constantly moving and kicking and she LOVES music. I think she dances when she likes a song that is on. She is typically more active when I'm singing at church but I went and watched Josh play with the Monday Night Big Band and I have never felt her move the way she moved that night. She apparently either likes Jazz music or live instruments. It was so amazing watching her move the way she was. I don't think I will ever get tired of feeling her inside me (and yes, she has causes some slight pain at times).  We attempted to have a 3D/4D ultrasound last week and Miss Priss is sitting breech so it was difficult but she didn't help any either. She wanted to play with her feet the entire time, haha. We would watch her grab her foot and cover her face the entire time. She was sucking on her toes, haha. It was sweet but Mommy and Daddy would have loved to have gotten better pictures since we did have to pay for them. But I will settle for healthy and happy baby any day :)


These were some of the better pictures from our visit. You can see her chunky cheeks :)


And this is me at 30 weeks. All belly!


Josh and I also had the chance to visit some friends in Murfreesboro one weekend. It was nice to get away for awhile and forget about everything that was going on (we were still in the process of buying the house). We went to Nashville and protested at the capital for gun rights. It was the first time I had ever been to a protest and it was actually very interesting. So many people fighting for what they think is right. Now I don't care what your point of view is on the issue but I do believe that no matter the side, you should use your voice. Speak out and let your leaders know how you feel. Otherwise, we are just going to sit back and get ran over.





Our First Protest



After the protest, we decided to do a little sight seeing and walk around the capital. Being pregnant, it was time for a potty break so we decided to try and go inside The Capital. We went to the main door and they had it blocked off for another protest and had a sign sending us to the other side so we walked around. Went inside and the place was huge and so pretty. Eddie and myself set off to find the restrooms and eventually found some on the 2nd floor. The girls split off from the boys and as we finished in the restroom we did some sight seeing inside the Capital. Even got to see the chamber from the observation deck. Such a cool place. I'd love to go back and get an actual tour as we were kicked out of the place pretty quick. While we were looking around, all the girls recieved phone calls from their significant others instructing us to get out. They had been stopped by a state trooper and informed that the Capital was closed and we were trespassing. Oops!! When we got to the exit that we came in, I could see the guys standing outside with the trooper. When I stepped outside, the trooper had their driver's license and was calling in numbers. I was so scared! Luckily, he was just "signing them in" and making sure they weren't wanted for anything. He actually found it funny that we found our way in. We told him the door was unlocked and we just walked in, we didn't break in by any means. He said he wasn't concerned about us stealing as we were all caught on camera but that we needed to come back during normal business hours next time. It made for a great day! I have never laughed so hard in my life.


The Chamber from the Observation Deck.



I didn't want to take a straight out photo so I was pretending to text, haha.



Well these are just a few of our updates as of lately. I will try to do better about updating the blog more as we get moved in and settled. Its just difficult right now with trying to juggle school, work and moving into a fixer-upper. Hopefully things will settle down soon before Miss Emmalynn gets here :) Only 9 more weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment