Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh Boy!! Or Girl!

After doing a lot of thinking, we've decided to not find out the sex of the baby at the next appointment. We are going to have the doctor put the picture in a sealed envelope and we are going to have a reveal party!! But no worries, I'm going to work on making it stream online so that others can be a part of it with out having to be there. I've seen so many ideas online on how couples revealed the gender. There is the cake idea:


You have a cake gender neutral on the outside and you cut into it to discover Pink or Blue.



Then you also have balloons in a box. I'm pretty sure that this is the way we will be doing it. I haven't really craved sweets and I don't really want a cake, haha.

When the box is opened, out pops Pink or Blue balloons.



I'm also trying to figure out how to do a lottery with every one's guesses.  I want to make it where we can only have one winner and the money collected being split between the winner and the baby or something like that. I've seen where it started the college fund or helped buy the crib. All are great ideas, I just have to figure out the technicalities.  


At this point I'm hoping that I will be strong enough to hold out. Knowing that the gender is sitting there in the envelope will KILL ME!!! Our next doctors appointment is Nov 9th and we will be 17 weeks pregnant at the point. I've been told that Josh's nephews were not shy and were noticeable boys earlier than 17 weeks, so we'll see if our little bundle will cooperate with us. Depending on the housing situation and if we can find out on the 9th will all determine when the reveal party will be. I'm thinking it will probably be late November before we can do it. But we will see. Until then, we can't wait to find out what our little bundle is!

No comments:

Post a Comment