I am definitely not where I thought I would be 7 years later. I'm still in college but I finally know what I'm going to do with my life so that a plus. I'm married to an amazing man that I didn't even know 7 years ago and our life is looking pretty good. And I've made some new friends. All in all, I'm truly blessed. So much could have happened in that 7 years. I look back sometimes and wonder "What if?" but had that happened, I wouldn't be where I am. As different as the past 7 years have been, I wouldn't change a thing, well maybe the fact that my best friend is across the country, I might change that, haha. But I wouldn't change that she is happily married with the cutest little boy and another baby boy on the way. All of our actions lead to something amazing. I only applied to UTC, I wasn't interested in any other schools. I wanted to stay close to home, close to the boy I was dating. I had no idea that just a couple weeks after graduation he would dump me and all my plans were out the window. But I stuck it out and met my husband, the best thing that has ever happened to me. Had it not been for the actions that I chose for another boy, I would not have met Josh. Everything happens for a reason. And its taken me a while to accept that, but as my life is quickly flying by, I realize that no matter where I go or what happens, God put some pretty amazing people in my life and I cherish them so much. They helped to shape the woman I am today and I can not wait till our 10 year reunion when we can all be together again :)
Monday, May 21, 2012
7 years
Yesterday was 7 years since I walked across the stage in high school and received my diploma. It's hard to think that its actually been that long, feels like just yesterday. Everyone told me to enjoy the moment that it wouldn't last but I didn't believe them. I would give anything to have soaked it all in a little longer. I didn't realize that with that new freedom I gained, I would lose so much. We all went our separate ways, we all had our own dreams to pursue and colleges to attend. I would have never guessed that it would take my best friend to California or my other bestie to the Air Force. Some of us are still here locally, many still in Marion County but we really aren't that close anymore. I miss the sleep overs, the brutal work hours at Krystal and the many days spent at the Mall running into parents who were also skipping work, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment